The Nevada Commission on Ethics interprets and enforces the Nevada Ethics in Government Law set forth in NRS Chapter 281A through Complaints and Requests for Advisory Opinions. On this page you can access the searchable opinions database and review recent opinions.
Click the button below to access the searchable opinions database.
Recent Advisory Opinions
Any public officer or employee may request a confidential advisory opinion from the Commission regarding the applicability of his or her circumstances under the provisions of the Ethics in Government Law, including whether his or her specific circumstances constitute a conflict of interest and what course of action the public officer or employee should pursue in his or her official capacity as a result of a conflict of interest.
- "Cooling Off" Opinions
- Disclosure and Abstention Opinions
- Other Advisory Opinions of Note
Recent Ethics Complaint Cases
The Commission or any member of the public may file a complaint against a public officer or employee alleging a violation of the Ethics Law. If the Commission has jurisdiction regarding the complaint, it will conduct an investigation. If just and sufficient cause has been established from the investigation, the Commission will conduct a hearing and render an opinion in the matter.
- Commission Final Opinions
- In re Neoma Jardon Case No 22-098C (Former City Councilmember, City of Reno)
- In re David Cochran Case No 22-126C (Fire Chief, City of Reno)
- In re Olek Czyz, Case No. 21-100C (Coach, Galena High School)
- In re John Wesley Prudhont, Case No. 22-033C / 034C (Former County Treasurer, Nye County)
- In re Qiong Lui, Case No. 19-126C (Former City Manager, City of North Las Vegas)
- In re Bartolo Ramos, Case Nos. 19-088C, 22-026C (2022) (Lander County Manager)
- Panel Determinations - Referral to Commission for Opinion
- Panel Determinations - Deferral Agreement Recommended
- Panel Determinations - Dismissals